History of Hawa Mahal Jaipur
Built in the year 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, son of the builder of Jaipur, Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh; the Hawa Mahal, which when translated into English means “Palace of Winds” is located in Jaipur, in the Indian state of Rajasthan. The palace is mainly composed of pink and red sandstone, and is a five-storey structure.
Regarded as one of the finest assets of Rajputana architecture, the palace was designed by Lal Chand Ustad, and is believed to be in the form of the crown of Lord Krishna, a famous Hindu deity.
The main purpose behind the construction of the structure was to provide the Rajput women a view of the neighboring scenic beauties from the windows of the palace, as during that era, they weren’t allowed to be present in the public.
The structure has many small windows which gives the palace wonderful air circulation, keeping the atmosphere cool and tranquil. The place additionally also has an archaeological museum and one can have full view of Jaipur city, from the top of the Hawa Mahal.
Various other famous tourist locations like the Jantar Mantar and the Amer Fort are located very near to the Hawa Mahal, and one can visit a variety of tourist spots from this location.