How to redeem HSBC credit card points in cash?
As the Banking Company of Hong Kong and Shanghai, HSBC, founded initially, is one of the biggest, most founded, and recognizable banks in the world. HSBC is a powerhouse worldwide, known more for its investment banking, commercial banking, and wealth management services than its retail banking.
And while HSBC participates in significant retail banking operations, this bank has not historically spent as much money and time creating an ultra-robust rewards program in the U.S. compared to American Express and Chase’s impressive offerings.
Yet, when you find out that HSBC is one of the banks that offers transfer partnerships with airlines, your ears could instantly perk up. This is just one of the ways you can redeem points from HSBC Rewards.
What are HSBC Points for Rewards?
The primary loyalty program for HSBC is known as HSBC Rewards. It is not acceptable to confuse HSBC Rewards with HSBC Cash Rewards, which is the program’s cash-back scheme.
It is possible to use HSBC Bonus points for cash-back (which you can read more about below), but HSBC Cash Rewards cannot be used for anything but cash-back, reducing the value of your rewards.
So, we will concentrate solely on HSBC Bonus points for this complete guide. Your points will not expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
Under the HSBC Reward Points program, how do I receive reward points?
Any time you make a purchase, swipe your HSBC credit card– that’s how easy it is to gain credit card loyalty points. You may use the points to make more transactions or pay your credit card bills until you have earned sufficient points to make you eligible for redemption. HSBC provides two ways of receiving incentive points-
Daily Points for Reward
Only by swiping your credit card, these are points you earn. For every Rs. 100 that you spend, you will earn 1 point.
These are points you receive at HSBC Extra Partner outlets by spending. While you only earn one point for every Rs. 100, you get 150 reward points for every 100 additional points when you apply the extra points to your reward points.
How do I use my HSBC Bank credit card to redeem reward points earned?
To pay down part or more of the credit card bill, you can use your reward points. For your HSBC credit card reward points, you can also buy a range of items. The networks through which you can redeem your points are here-
1. Redemption for Online Reward Points.
- Go to HSBC Bank’s official website.
- At the top of the list, click Personal.
- Tap on Credit Cards
- Enter the ATM pin.
- Click the Register New Card button and then the Redeem Reward Points button.
- The status of your reward points is shown.
- Note the details and navigate away from the page if you wish to check the status.
- Click on Redeem Points if you want to redeem your points.
- Enter the number of points to be redeemed.
- Use the redeemed points to pick the items you want to buy and add them to your cart.
- Until continuing to check out, verify the goods, and read the T&C
- Enter all of your information and click on Redeem.
- A unique Order Id. is issued to you. For potential communications, keep this handy.
- You will also receive an SMS that details your transaction and provides your order ID.
- The SMS and the things sent to your registered address are sent to your registered mobile phone.
- Save this SMS for reference in the future.
Redemption of Reward Points by Post
By downloading the redemption form from the bank’s official website and submitting it to Chennai’s head office, you can redeem your HSBC Credit Card Reward Points. You can fax the form to the fax number provided on the website as well.
Redemption for Reward Points by Phone Banking Service
By calling the bank’s customer service number, you can redeem your reward points. The number can be found on the bank’s website, and the centre is open from 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM. With some personal information, such as date of birth, PAN number, and so on, you may need to identify yourself.
When you identify yourself, you will be guided by a customer service executive via the redemption process and share an order ID with you. Keep this ID handy to monitor your request in this respect and for any future communication.
Airline Miles’ Reward Points Redemption
This facility provides you with some discounts on your airfares. So if you regularly fly by air, not just as a convenient payment tool, the HSBC credit card can be incredibly useful to help reduce your travel costs.