MHRD Scholarship Eligibility, Features, Benefits
MHRD Scholarship Eligibility, MHRD Scholarship Features, MHRD Scholarship Benefits, MHRD Scholarship Documents, MHRD Scholarship Login
Table of Contents
What’s the MHRD Scholarship?
The Department of Higher Education’s Ministry of Human Resource Development offers financial incentives for deserving students to pursue their higher education. MHRD gives national scholarships and external scholarships for the disbursement of students.
The various departments award national scholarships under the MHRD, and the MHRD awards foreign scholarships under the Cultural Exchange Program in cooperation with the various countries’ governments.
Eligibility Requirements of the MHRD Scholarship
- Refer to the MHRD Scholarship eligibility requirements below.
- In the board test, standard students studying in class 12 should have secured 80 percent marks.
- Students are pursuing regular courses approved by AICTE, UGC Act 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, and related regulatory authorities in Colleges/universities.
- Students should not get benefit from any other scholarship system, like a state-run scholarship/fee waiver/reimbursement system.
- Students taking Diploma courses are not eligible.
- Under the regime, students taking correspondence or distance courses are not eligible.
- The scholarship is payable for studying in India only in secondary and higher secondary classes for four years.
- The annual income of families must not be above Rs. 6 Lakh.
MHRD Scholarship Scheme
- Listed MHRD Scholarship applicants will earn Rs. 6000/- per annum for their further studies, i.e., Rs. 500/- per month.
- The tenure of a Ph.D. scholarship is exclusively for two years without extension.
- Students will be charged a scholarship sum of Rs. 12400/- per month during this term.
- At the graduation level, the MHRD Scholarship rate for college and university courses is Rs. 10000/- per annum. Whereas at the post-graduation level, Rs. 20000/- per annum will be issued.
- In the 4th and 5th years, students taking technical courses with five years can get Rs. 20000/-per annum.
- Students taking specialized courses such as B.E., B. Tech, etc., will earn up to graduation level MHRD Scholarship.
MHRD Selection Process for Scholarship
To apply for the MHRD Scholarship 2020 Online Application, students must refer to the points below:
- Students can visit www.mhrd.gov.in, the official website.
- Applications will be available online every year in the month of June-July.
- Read the connection that appeared on the homepage for notification.
- Pick the correct connection and click on it to apply online.
- Complete the MHRD Scholarship online application form with the valid details correctly.
- Upload educational records, certificates of income, ID evidence, letters of admission, certificates of caste, and certificates of disability.
- An image of the passport size and signature must be submitted to the application form.
- The request should be checked by the Institute or by the State Education Board concerned. It would otherwise be found to be invalid.
- For future purposes, submit the properly completed application form and take a printed copy of the form.
Importance of MHRD scholarship
The significance of the MHRD scholarship is that the MHRD not only facilitates Indian scholars with national-level scholarships but jointly provides them with external scholarship opportunities in countries such as New Zealand, the United Kingdom, China, Israel, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, the United States, and the Italian Republic.
Although the MHRD itself implements the MHRD national level scholarship, international countries promote external scholarships under educational/cultural exchange programs.
Required documents For the MHRD Scholarship
Here is the list of MHRD Scholarship Required Papers:
- Aadhar Card- If the applicant does not have his Aadhar card, documents such as Voter ID Card, Passport, Driving License, Pan Card, etc., may also be used, provided that the Central Government has released and accepted the document being used.
- Class 12th Board Exams mark sheet.
- Certificate of Profits.
Login for MHRD Scholarship
It is possible to access the MHRD scholarship login through the National Scholarship Portal. The pages where students can apply for a scholarship are websites such as scholarships.gov.in and mhrd.gov.in.
On the website, there are numerous scholarship updates as well. To open the portal, let’s look at the steps.
- Visit scholarships.gov.in, and there will be a login tab.
- Tap on new users for a new subscription.
- If you want your grant to be extended, there is a different login.