LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Benefits, Features, Apply Online
Table of Contents
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Overview
The aim is to grant scholarships to deserving students belonging to economically weaker families to provide them with better higher education opportunities and boost their employability.
The scholarship will be awarded to a government or private college/university for studies in India.
It will also include technical and vocational courses at graduation level in Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centres affiliated to the National Vocational Training Council.
The scheme aims to offer scholarships to deserving students belonging to economically weaker families to provide them with better higher education opportunities and boost their employability.
: The scholarship will be awarded to a government or private college/university for studies in India. It also covers technical and vocational courses at the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)-affiliated Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centres.
The scholarship shall be awarded to the Regular Scholars for the entire length of the course and the Special Girl Scholar for two years, subject to the applicant meeting the required eligibility conditions for renewal.
- The selected Daily Scholar shall be awarded a sum of Rs.20,000/- per annum and shall be payable in three quarterly instalments.
- For some Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 course, a sum of Rs.10,000/ per annum will be awarded, and the scholarship will be payable in three quarterly instalments.
- The scholarship sum will be transferred via NEFT to the bank account of the chosen scholar. The particulars of the bank account and the IFSC code, and a copy of the cancelled cheque with the recipient’s name are also compulsory if the applicant is chosen for a scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to students who, in the previous final examination, have earned not less than 60% marks or equivalent grades and whose annual income does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum for parents/guardians of all sources.
- The selection of the LIC Scholar would be based on merit and family history, such as the percentage of Class 12/10 marks and the family’s annual income. The ascending order gives preference to qualifying students with the lowest income.
- In the previous final review of the course for which the scholarship is awarded, the applicant should receive more than 55% marks in technical streams and 50 percent marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade, in the absence of which the scholarship will be discontinued.
- A grant shall not be granted to more than one student in a household.
- Students should regularly participate, for which a requirement is determined by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Through an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from the employer for employed parents, the certificate of income should be supported on a self-certification basis by documentation (from the revenue department) such as land kept in the name of the parents.
- The scholarship may be revoked or cancelled if a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- If a student is found to have received a scholarship by a false statement/certificate, his/her scholarship shall be revoked immediately at the discretion of the LIC Divisional Administration concerned, and the balance of the scholarship paid shall be recovered.
- The comprehensive protocol for processing and sanctioning scholarships for deserving students will be laid down by the LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation.
- The scheme is evaluated by the LICGJF at regular intervals.
- The regulations can be updated at any time at the discretion of LICGJF’s Board of Trustees.
After the online application has been submitted, the candidate will be accepted in his online application by the email ID provided by him. The Divisional Office will have more correspondence.
If required, the candidate should ensure that his correct email ID and contact number are submitted for communication later. At this point, bank account information and the IFSC code are not compulsory.