Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme Benefits, Features
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme | BBBP Benefits | BBBP Features | Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Table of Contents
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Overview
On January 22, 2015, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi unveiled Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. This scheme seeks to encourage equality between women and men and stresses the importance of educating girls. The scheme was initially introduced in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, Uttarakhand, and Delhi with Rs’ initial financing. 100 crore and aim clusters.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao seeks to counter the picture (CSR) of the decreasing child sex ratio. Women and Child Development Ministry, Health and Family Welfare Ministry, and the Ministry of Human Resource Development are a national project and a tri-ministerial effort.
It was initially implemented in 100 districts with low child sex ratios in the country. Through multi-sectoral initiatives, which include preventing gender-biased sex selection and fostering girls’ education and holistic empowerment, the scheme aims to enhance the same.
Goal: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Audience
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao is undoubtedly an effort targeting the nation as a whole. However, three classifications about the target audience for BBBP have been made to simplify the reach:
- Main groups: Young and married couples, breastfeeding mothers, and parents included
- Secondary groups: like the country’s youth, physicians, in-laws, private clinics, nursing homes, diagnostic centers
- Tertiary groups: including the nation’s general population, frontline staff, politicians, religious figures, charitable organizations, media, and SHGs for women
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao! Importance and Need
Some of the explanations for BetiBachaoBetiPadhao are as follows:
Low ration for child sex called for the introduction of the scheme
In 2001, the Child Sex Ratio (CSR) census data for 0-6 years was 933 girls per 1,000 boys, which decreased in 2011 to 918 girls for every 1,000 boys. India ranked 41st out of 195 nations as per a 2012 UNICEF Survey.
A population census for 2011 found that India’s population ratio in 2011 was 943 females per 1000 males. However, the Sex Ratio 2011 indicates an upward trend from the 2001 census results.
Crime on the Rise against Women
In addition to other types of prejudice against girls’ babies, abortion of female fetuses after ultrasonic testing resulted in a sharp decline in the female population. Crimes and exploitation of sex, however, have been on a steady high.
Back in 2014, on the occasion of International Girls’ Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke. He highlighted the eradication of female foeticide and invited feedback on the MyGov.in the platform from the Indian people.
Selfie to Daughter
It was a motivational social media movement launched in June 2015, which began with Haryana’s village of Bibipur, Sunil Jaglan, who first took a selfie with his daughter Nandini and posted on Facebook, gaining worldwide popularity on June 9, 2015.
- The bronze medallist, Sakshi Malik, at the 2016 Olympics, was also named Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador on August 26, 2016.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Accomplishments and Benefits
- It strives both monetarily and socially to make girls independent.
- The government aims to raise awareness of women’s issues through Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
- The government also aims to increase the effectiveness of the provision of social services intended for women.
- To the benefit of Girl Girls, the government has launched ‘Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.’ This scheme bears the maximum interest rate of 8.1 percent per annum. This account can be opened in the Post Office by parents of girls aged between 2-10 years, with Rs’ maximum deposit limit. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- In just two years after its launch date, the effect of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme is apparent. The sex ratio, however, has reportedly reached up to 950 females per 1000 males.
- The number of female police officers has also risen from 6% to 8.5%.
- A significant number of women are now free to engage in their fields and professions. Such occupations include the armed forces, technology, journalism, athletics, wrestling, and engineering.
- The government is continuously emphasizing quality girls’ education and encouraging parents to send their girl child to school.