Dengue Fever – Symptoms, Cure & Prevention
Dengue (claimed DENgee) fever is agonizing, incapacitating mosquito-borne infection brought on by any of four firmly related dengue infections. These infections are identified with the infections that cause West Nile contamination and yellow fever.
Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito contaminated with dengue infection. The mosquito gets infected when it bites a man with dengue infection in their blood. It can’t be spread straightforwardly starting with one individual then onto the next individual.
Manifestations, which more often than not start four to six days after contamination and keep going for up to 10 days, may incorporate:
- Sudden, high fever
- Serious migraines
- Torment behind the eyes
- Serious joint and muscle torment
- Skin rash, which seems two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, and easy wounding)
The indications may advance to enormous bleeding, shock, and demise. This is called dengue shock disorder.
There is no particular medicine to treat dengue contamination. In the event that you think you may have dengue fever, you ought to utilize pain relievers with acetaminophen and keep away from solutions with headache medicine, which could worsen bleeding.
You ought to likewise rest, drink a lot of liquids, and see your specialist. On the off chance that you begin to feel more awful in the initial 24 hours after your fever goes down, you ought to get to a hospital instantly to be checked for complications.
To prevent oneself from dengue:
- Avoid vigorously populated local locations, if conceivable.
- Use mosquito anti-agents.
- At the point when outside, wear long-sleeved shirts and long jeans tucked into socks.
- At the point when inside, utilization of air conditioning if accessible.
- Verify window and entryway screens are secure and free of gaps. In the event that sleeping zones are not screened or air-conditioned, use mosquito nets.
- In the event that you have side effects of dengue, check with your specialist.
- To decrease the mosquito populace, dispose of spots where mosquitoes can breed. These incorporate old tires, jars, or window boxes that gather downpour. Routinely change the water in open-air water basins and pets’ water dishes.
- On the off chance that somebody in your home gets dengue fever, be particularly cautious about endeavors to shield yourself and other relatives from mosquitoes. Mosquitoes that bite the contaminated relative could spread the disease to others in your home.