West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Benefits, Features, Eligibility
Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana Overview
The Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana is one of the most successful schemes launched by the state government in West Bengal.
On 8 March 2013, the Department of Women’s Development and Social Welfare of the Government of West Bengal designed the Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana.
This system acts as a conditional cash transfer scheme aimed at strengthening and advancing the girl’s status.
The Scheme Components
In total, under the KanyashreePrakalpa Yojana, there are two components:
Rs.1000/- as Annual Scholarship: The sum of the scholarship was capped at Rs.500/- now Rs.1000/- in 2013-14. Supplied to unmarried girls between the ages of 13 and 18
- Studying in the VIII to XIII grades
- Pursuing education from any school/institution approved by the government
- Studying At any open school.
- Pursuing vocational courses or instruction in athletics
- A one-time grant of Rs.25000/- Given to a girl who at the time of enrollment under the scheme turned 18.
What are Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana’s goals?
The framework focuses on providing a proper structure and refining the girl’s status as an infant. For the well-being of the socio-economically deprived families with a girl child, it is mostly brought into effect.
- Reject the idea of early marriage and ensure that all families fully comply with the minimum age of marriage laws.
- Providing educational scholarships to enable girls in secondary and higher secondary classes to pursue their studies. Aid for girls who seek sports and other fitness programs
- The KanyashreePrakalpa Yojana deposits the financial inclusions directly into a bank account. It is transferred in the name of the girls because the motive was to provide monetary assistance and an instrument of empowerment for the adolescent girls. This also allows them to make their own choices about the use of resources.
- Strengthening the principles of delayed marriage and more excellent education
- Increasing the median birth age by raising the rate of infant mortality (IMR) and the ratio of maternal mortality (MMR)
- Enhancing social influence and growing group behavioural shift
The more time the girl stays in school, the more she is supposed to use the opportunity to acquire skills to become economically stable. Throughout her life, the education and information she receives will prove beneficial or her welfare.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana / Scheme- Eligibility
A specific eligibility requirement determines the Kanyashree Yojana. It is open to those girls who are:
Unmarried people and West Bengal residents
In families with a maximum annual income of Rs.1,20,000/- from 13 to 18 years of age. This annual income limit is not right for a girl who has lost both parents or is physically challenged by 40 percent (or more).
- The daily pursuit of education or vocational and sports training by students
- Child Care facilities registered under the 2000 J.J.Act under the age of 18 to 19 years.
- Completion of 18 years of age on or after 1 April 2013-For one-off grant number
- The scheme aims to meet approximately 18 Lakh girls (students) for annual scholarships and approximately 3.5 Lakh girls each year for a one-time grant number.
Documents Needed for Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
Here is a list of the documents needed to be correctly submitted by the applicant to Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana:
- Birth Certificate of the baby girl
- Declaration claiming the receiver is single
- Proof of family earnings below Rs.1,20,000/—
- Certificate of Disability (if the recipient is unmarried)
- The Guardian Declaration (if both parents of the girl’s child are dead) along with the death certificate of the deceased parents)
- Bank passbook with a girl’s child’s name, address, and account number
How to apply for the Yojana Kanyashree Prakalpa?
To obtain all the benefits from the program, the girl child eligible for the Kanyashree Scheme must follow the application process:
- Obtain the school/institution’s application form. The K1 form is to be completed for annual scholarships, and the K2 form is to be completed for one-time grants.
- Get a bank account opened on behalf of the girl (beneficiary) boy. It is essential to open a bank account on behalf of the girl, as all the sums will be deposited in the same account.
- Attach all of the documents needed. All the above papers, along with the completed application form, must be approved, attached, and submitted.
- The form shall be addressed to the school/institution’s headteacher along with the documents, who shall then sign and stamp the same accordingly. An acknowledgment receipt that may be needed for future formalities is obtained.
How to validate the scheme’s application status?
To check your application status for KanyashreePrakalpa Yojana, follow the steps:
- Log-in to the Portal of Kanyashree
- Click on “Request Monitoring.”
- Fill in all the information required-year, scheme form, applicant ID, and DOB. Select ‘Send’
- After the application is approved, the gain money is deposited into the beneficiary’s bank account.
What is the scheme’s vision?
KanyashreePrakalpa Yojana envisages an enhanced society that enables strong expertise to act against early marriage evils. The method also enables the woman to acquire a proven identity and capacity to provide abstract reasoning.