Breastfeeding—why it is beneficial not just for your baby but also for you
Table of Contents
For years now, breastfeeding has been termed as a natural gift to infants to help them with nutrition, development as well as growth. Additionally, it is beneficial not just for infants but also the nursing mothers.
While baby formulas have gained quite a lot of popularity in the market over the past few years, it is beyond doubt that baby formulas cannot serve half of the needs of a baby’s body and immunity that breast milk can serve alone.
Here’s why breastfeeding is crucial and essential for maintaining god health of a baby and its mother—
For the baby
- Breast milk is natural and hence, is the right food for your baby without any chemicals, preservatives or other harmful elements.
- It helps your baby’s immune system get stronger and prevents your baby from unwanted infections and diseases.
- It is completely free of cost and is readily available whenever your baby is in need of being fed, and you don’t have to rush to the store or somewhere else to get it.
- The temperature of breast milk is just the right one for your baby and that too naturally.
- Your baby is less likely to suffer from issues like vomiting and diarrhea if breastfeeding, and also has fewer chances of being a victim of chest infections, ear infections, and constipation.
- Breastfeeding also reduces the risk of obesity related diseases like diabetes in your baby, in the long run.
- It also combats the risks of your baby developing eczema in the future.
- The benefits of breastfeeding for your babies are long term and do not end with their infancy. It is a dynamic phenomenon that is helpful to them even later in life.
For nursing mothers
- Breastfeeding naturally burns up to 500 calories.
- It reduces your chances of developing ovarian and breast cancer.
- It saves a lot of money, as sterilizing and other feeding equipment are costly, whereas, breastfeeding is natural as well as free.
- It helps build an intense and beautiful bond between you as well as your body.