Health Benefits of Castor Oil
Castor oil is known to be that mojo that is the solution to almost every health problem. Decades back, the royals, as well as common people, used it often to treat ailments of all kinds.
From skin, hair, to overall health, the benefits of castor oil are worth mentioning. So without further ado, let’s have a quick look into the list of benefits of castor oil—
Benefits of Castor Oil
Benefits to skin
- In cases of inflammation of the skin, castor oil helps in calming down and healing any swellings.
- It is a natural moisturizer, especially during winters as it helps fight dryness and keeps your skin well moisturized and supple.
- Regular use of castor oil has proven to reduce early signs of aging.
- It is helpful in reducing pigmentation of the skin and is also known for fading away blemishes that come from acne or other skin issues.
- It is beneficial in reducing stretch marks on the skin.
Benefits to hair
- Castor oil is known to accentuate hair growth and is a natural conditioner for healthy hair. In fact, it is said that regular usage of castor oil makes your hair grow double of its natural growth per month.
- It is helpful in curing any form of scalp irritations and infections and also helps in reducing dandruff.
- It helps in preventing premature graying of hair and also prevents hair fall.
Benefits to overall health
- Castor oil acts as a natural laxative and is used in a variety of folk medicines to cure ailments.
- It is a great ointment to reduce joint pains that result from arthritis. It calms the muscles and tissues during such severe pains and gives relief.
- It is also a great disinfectant and you can use it as an ointment on cuts and scrapes and find instant relief as it comes naturally loaded with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties to soothe away the pains from such cuts and scrapes.