Windows 8: ISO, Product Key, Installation Steps & Release Date
On October 25, 2012, Microsoft Windows released the updated version of one of its operating systems (OS) namely Windows 8.
In this article, you will find Windows 8 features, advantages, disadvantages, Requirements, how to install Windows 8, Product Key & Windows 8 ISO.
Windows 8 Features
- New applications were launched with the help of Metro Start.
- For download and purchase purposes, metro apps were provided which were available on Windows Store.
- Windows 8 can be installed in Tablets also.
- Two versions of Internet Explorer are available on Windows 8 OS.
- SkyDrive connectivity has a tight integration in this OS.
Windows 8 Advantages
- New features were added to the internet explorer which improved it.
- As compared to the other versions, this OS has a faster boot-up speed.
- The best security setting is provided in Windows 8 OS.
- Low power ARM architecture is supported by this version of Windows.
- It is very cheap in cost.
- Live syncing is supported by Windows 8.
- With Windows 8, migrating to a new computer was made much easier with the previously customized settings of the user.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported by Windows 8 OS which helps the financial transactions digitally to a great extent.
- The touch sensor works very effectively and it provides all the comforts to the user from this point of view.
- The graphics card can be used to its optimum level.
- The Windows 8 OS has almost all the functions to an advanced level than the older versions of Windows.
Windows 8 Disadvantages
- No anti-virus is available for Windows 8. Windows 8 enabled the only firewall and internet security.
- No search button is present.
- Metro multitasking works efficiently in tablets only, but not compatible for the desktop.
- No flash content on Tablet PC is supported.
- Moving between the screens becomes too difficult.
- It takes much time to get settled with the new modern interface of Windows 8 OS for the user.
- The tediousness of Metro and Aero can be seen after some time.
- The Metro multitasking is limited to 2 applications only.
- There is a lack of the option for turning tiles into icons.
- Users always feel the urgent need of a kill-switch to turn the Metro UI off.
- Alt-Tab function is not included in the Windows 8 OS which causes a difficulty for the users when working with multiple applications.
Windows 8 System Requirements
In order to download Windows 8 in a PC, the user needs the following system requirements.
- Processor – 1 GHz or faster.
- RAM – 1 GB (32-bit) and 2 GB (64-bit).
- Disk Space – 16 GB (32-bit) and 20 GB (64-bit).
- Graphics – DirectX 9.
Steps to Install Windows 8
- Preparation of the PC should be done for the installation of Windows 8.
- Language, Time and Keyboard Settings should be selected.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Windows 8 Product key should be entered.
- “I accept” box should be checked.
- Click “Accept”.
- “Custom Install Windows” should be clicked.
- “Drive Options” should be clicked.
- The existing information should be deleted.
- Unallocated space should be clicked.
- Click “New”.
- “Apply” should be clicked and then click “Next”.
- Wait till Windows 8 finishes the installation.
- Windows 8 is ready now for further functioning.
Windows 8 Product Key
The Windows 8 Product Key should be entered by the user at the time of installation as a proof of authentication. Without it, installation cannot be completed.
The latest release of Microsoft Windows is Windows 10. It has all the possible features the user needs for a better functioning of the PC.