Windows 1.0 & 2.0 – ISO, Product Key, Installation Steps & Release Date
Microsoft Windows is a group of several graphical operating system (os) families which are developed, marketed and sold by Microsoft.
Two of the earliest versions of Microsoft Windows are Windows 1.0 and Windows 2.0. These versions competed with Apple’s os’s. The early versions could be considered as the extensions of MS-DOS.
In this article, you will find Windows 1.0 features, advantages, disadvantages, Windows 2.0 System Requirements, Product Key, how to install Windows 1.0 & Windows 2.0 ISO.
Founded in November 20, 1985.
Features of Windows 1.0 :
- Established multitasking of existing MS-DOS programs and gives rise to interaction paradigm, execution model and stable API and future native programs.
- Includes original device drivers for mouse, keyboards, printers, video cards and serial communications.
- Designed in such a way so that it’s extension into a fully fledged operating system can be done.
- Runs a shell program called MS-DOS Executive, little more than mouse-able output of DIR command not supporting then icons and is not Y2K – compilant.
- Some of the other supplied programs comprise of Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Paint, Notepad, Reversi, Card file, Terminal, Write and Clipboard Viewer.
- It is of a very low price of $99 with the PC required to run it at a price of $600, while other operating systems were of thousands of dollars back in the 80s.
- Enabled the users to see user friendly icons on the screen.
- Introduced the Microsoft Windows Line.
- It too much emphasized a mouse input at a time when the mouse was not yet widespread.
- For new users, it didn’t provide enough resources.
- It had lower computer hardware specifications on systems for performance issues.
Windows 1.0 System Requirements:
- Monochrome or Color Monitor (CGA/HGC/EGA).
- MS-DOS 2.0.
- 256 KB of memory or more.
- 2 double-slided disk hard drives.
Steps To Install Windows 1.0:
• Installation of Desired MS-DOS Version:-
1. Correct date should be typed.
2. Correct time should be typed.
3. Type “f disk” and press Enter.
4. Ensure the creation of DOS partition and press Enter.
5. Ensure the creation of Primary DOS partition and press Enter.
6. Use the maximum size for a DOS partition and make DOS partition active and press Enter.
7. Any key should be pressed when the message to restart MS-DOS will be seen while not removing the floppy disk.
8. Type “Format C:/V/S” and press Enter.
9. Press Y and then press Enter.
10. The bit is down to user preference, but typing in a volume label by pressing Enter.
11. Type “sys C:” and press Enter.
12. Type “Copy A:\*. *C:\” and press Enter.
13. Removal of the first floppy disk should be done and insert the second MS-DOS installation disk.
14. Type “Copy A:\*. *C:\” and press Enter.
15. Removal of second floppy disk should be done and restart the computer to make sure it boots properly.
Windows 1.0 ISO File Information:
- Version – 1.01
- Language – English
- Processor Architecture – x86
- File Type – Archive
- File Size – 35.53 MB
- Checksum – 64fb42b199d2cfa4ecc29d73fba83d3342216b1c.
Windows 1.0 Product Key:
Since founded in the year 1985, this version of Windows is quite outdated now. Many properties of this version have become obsolete. The Windows 1.0 product key is no exception to that. The product is not available anywhere.
Founded on 9th December, 1987.
Features of Windows 2.0:
- For MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows launched Windows 2.0 as the second release.
- The reference to Presentation Manager and the future of OS/2 in the literature was included in this version.
- Consistency of the appearance of GUI between OS/2 1.1 and 1.2 and Windows 2.0 was maintained.
- It came in 3 ‘waves’ –
- 2.0x wave in 1987.
- 2.1 wave in 1988.
- 2.11 wave in 1989.
- The different versions of Windows 2.0 are – Windows/286 and Windows/386.
- EMS memory was introduced.
- Sophisticated keyboard shortcuts were introduced.
- The second version had terminologies of ‘Minimize’ and ‘Maximize’ as opposed to ‘Iconize’ and ‘Zoom’ in the first version.
- Windows 2.0 became the first ever version that could integrate the control panel.
- Since the applications of Windows 2.0 were not designed for protected mode, they cannot be run on Windows 3.0 or up without modifying.
- Though VGA graphics were included in Windows 2.0, but they were available in 16 colours only.
- This version was not at all a commercial success.
- OS – Windows XP, SP 2 or Mac OS X 10.38.
- Processor Speed – Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz or Power PC G5, 2.0 GHz.
- RAM – 513 MB.
- Graphics Card – ATI Radeon 9800 w / 256 MB video memory.
- Hard Disk Space – 80 GB available.
Steps To Install Windows 2.0:
• Windows Installation from CD –
1. Put the installation CD in and press Enter.
2. To set up Windows, press Enter.
• Windows Installation from a Floppy Disk –
1. Press Enter on the appeared screen to restart the computer and boot into MS-DOS.
2. The floppy disk of the desired Windows OS should be inserted into the computer.
3. Type without quotation marks “a:”
4. Type without quotation marks “setup”.
5. To set up Windows, press Enter.
Windows 2.0 ISO File Information
- Version – 2.03
- Language – English
- Processor Architecture – x86
- File Type – 3 ½ Floppy
- File Size – 901 KB
- Checksum – 7276cf74effd1f63c72d1e3846a37d5f2ad3d06aae3313b865df3429cfaa8c781e741c9652155f2974fe32f02680e4aeabfb9dfde0fb992ddb4500FloppyFilehi.
Windows 2.0 Product Key:
Since founded in the year 1987, this version of Windows is quite outdated now. Many properties of this version have become obsolete. The product key is no exception to that. The product is not available anywhere.