Windows 10 – ISO, Product Key, Installation Steps & Release Date
Windows 10 Release Date
Microsoft Windows released its latest version of Windows namely Windows 10 on 29 July 2015.
In this article, you will find Windows 10 features, advantages, disadvantages, System Requirements, Product Key, how to install Windows 10 & Windows 7 ISO.
Windows 10 Features
- Separate app for Xbox is present.
- Multitasking features are improved in order for better functioning.
- A useful touch-first interface is developed.
- Personal Voice assistant namely Cortana was installed in Windows 10 OS.
- The replacement of Internet Explorer was finally done with Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 Advantages
- Free upgradation to Windows 10 was possible from the previous version was possible.
- The user can easily manage the device from the cloud with the help of MDM (Mobile Device Management).
- Windows 10 OS has proved itself to be the best device for gaming purposes.
- Touch and user-friendly Universal Office Apps were included in this version of Windows.
- 3-D and holographic imaging can be done because of the hologram technology introduced by Windows 10.
- Redesigning of the UI is done, keeping in mind the comfort of the users.
- Windows store facility was given by which the user can access a lot of applications.
- Also, virtual desktops were introduced in Windows 10 OS.
Windows 10 Disadvantages
- It can upgrade itself but not the previous versions of Windows. Moreover, the Windows 10 compatible devices were too costly to buy.
- The apps can no longer be closed by their swiping from top to bottom
- Resizing of Windows can’t be done with the help of handlebars.
- The Windows 10 compatible PC’s could no longer play DVDs.
- Previously the users used to scroll the volume level in order to control them. But in this version of Windows, the facility is totally missing.
- As compared to the predecessor, it shows less integration for the Onedrive.
- Windows 10 were forced for Update downloads by the OS itself.
- Around the Windows 10 OS, a lot of bugs can be detected since it is the latest version of Windows in the market.
Windows 10 System Requirements
To download Windows 10, the device of the user should possess the following system requirements which are necessary for the complete installation process.
- Processor – 1 GHz or more.
- RAM – 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit).
- Hard Disk Space – 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- Graphics – DirectX 9 or WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display – 800 × 600.
Steps to Install Windows 10
- The Windows 10 Installation Media should be properly connected.
- Open the “Start” menu.
- The power icon should be clicked.
- Click Restart.
- For entering the setup, “Del” or “F2” keys should be pressed and hold.
- Navigation should be done to the Boot tab.
- The booting device should be selected.
- Complete the booting process then and the settings should be saved.
- Wait till the computer restarts.
- Click “Next”.
- “Install Now” should be clicked.
- The Windows 10 key should be entered and then click “Next”.
- “Accept” should be clicked and click “Next”.
- Click “Upgrade”.
- Wait till the Windows 10 OS is installed.
- The on-screen setup instructions should be thoroughly followed.
- The Windows 10 OS is now totally ready for further activities and functioning.
Windows 10 Product Key
At the time of installation, the user should provide the Windows 10 Product key which can be considered for not only this version but for every other version of Windows. Though specific versions have specific product keys. Without the product key, one cannot install the operating system into any device.