Windows 7: ISO, Product Key, Installation Steps & Release Date
Among the general public, Microsoft Windows released Windows 7 on 22 July 2009.
In this article, you will find Windows 7 features, advantages, disadvantages, System Requirements, Product Key, how to install Windows 7 & Windows 7 ISO.
Windows 7 Features
- Windows Snipping Tool was introduced that could capture, save and share snipped images from the desktop.
- Windows 7 OS consists of an effective “Start” menu where the primary access point for programs and applications were given.
- It came with a totally new user interface.
- Certain enhancements were made on BitLocker, AppLocker and User Account controls.
- New UI considerations were featured in the Windows 7 OS.
Windows 7 Advantages
- With the help of Windows Defender, Windows 7 gave the best and proper security to the system.
- The OS is much easier to handle and very much user-friendly than the previous ones. It also ensured protection against hackers.
- Due to the presence of multi-core processors, Windows 7 supported Virtual Hard Disks.
- The features of Windows Media Player were very much enhanced which provided comforts to the users.
- The optimum use of graphics cards from different vendors can be made.
Windows 7 Disadvantages
- It is very much expensive than the previous operating systems Microsoft provided.
- Most of the applications required online support which is not always possible to give.
- Several old and useful software do not work for Windows 7. Searching for Windows 7 Compatible Software for specific activities is indeed a tough work.
- Windows 7 can be used on computers with high configurations only.
- HP Multifunction Printer does not respond for Windows 7.
Windows 7 System Requirements
To download Windows 7, PC of the user must possess the following system requirements.
- Processor – 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit.
- RAM – 1 GB (32-bit) and 2 GB (64-bit).
- Hard Disk Space – 16 GB (32-bit) and 20 GB (64-bit).
- Graphics – DirectX 9.
Steps to Install Windows 7
- BIOS of the computer should be entered.
- The BIOS’s boot options menu should be clicked.
- As the first device of the computer, the CD-ROM drive should be selected.
- Settings changes should be saved.
- Shutting off of the computer should be done.
- Into the CD/DVD drive, the Windows 7 disk should be inserted after turning the computer on.
- The computer should be started from the disc.
- Windows Setup options should be chosen.
- Click “Install Now”.
- License Terms should be accepted.
- “Custom” installation procedure should be selected.
- A decision should be made on the selection of hard drive and partition the user wants to install the OS.
- Installation of Windows should be done on preferred hard drive and partition.
- The installation procedure can also be done by upgrading of an older version of Windows on the PC.
Windows 7 Product Key
For the proper activation of Windows 7 OS, one needs to enter the licensed product key of Windows 7. Without this, the installation procedure will not be completed.
In 2015, Microsoft Windows launched the latest version of Windows namely Windows 10.