Everything you should know about SBI PO 2021
Just like many other government and bank exams, SBI is also considered to be one of the very prominent exams which take place in the country annually. Individuals across the country from different industries, cities, and backgrounds look forward to writing the exam and acing through it. Indeed, since SBI is the apex bank, there is cut-throat competition with a very limited number of seats.
Every year, the State Bank of India has a recruiting procedure to hire qualified applicants for probationary officers. On the authorised website @sbi.co.in, the notice for FY 2021-22 will be posted soon.
The three stages of the selection are Prelims, Mains, and Interview. To be selected as a PO in SBI branches, candidates must pass all three phases. SBI is a noticeable bank that pays well and offers job permanency to its employees, which is one reason why a lot of people apply for these positions.
The specifics of SBI PO 2021, including test format, curriculum, and selection process, are presented in the post for interested applicants.
Hence, here in this thread, we have mentioned detailed information about the SBI PO exam so that all your queries get resolved in one go.
How to Apply for SBI PO 2021 Online?
Candidates are recommended to have a valid and active email address and phone number throughout the SBI PO Recruitment Process to get all relevant updates. There will be two processes to applying for the SBI PO online:
The processes to apply for a job online are outlined here.
The registration process of the SBI exams has been made very simple and standard. Everything is online now, and it hardly takes about a few mins to fill the form.
To make it easier for you, here we have stated a few steps:
- Go to the official website.
- On the page, click the Apply button. In a new window, a registration link will appear.
- In the application box, select New Registration.
- Provide personal information such as your name, parents’ names, and date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Submit the filled SBI PO online registration form by clicking the submit button.
- After completing the registration, you will receive a Registration ID and a password to your phone number and email address.
- Complete registration for SBI PO 2021 by logging in with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password.
- Follow the steps outlined below to upload your photo and signature.
- In JPEG format, provide a scanned image of your passport photo (size 20 to 50 kb) and signature (10 to 20 kb).
Size of Photograph: 200 × 230 pixels
Size of Signature: 140 x 60 pixels
- Candidates will be requested to validate their information after uploading their photos and signature. Examine and double-check the application form.
- Finally, pay the needed application cost over the internet.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO in 2021
The eligibility criteria for the SBI PO bank are not very stringent. To be eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2021, a candidate must meet the following two requirements:
- Age Limit (as of 01.09.2021): Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 as of 01.09.2021
- Educational Qualifications (as of December 31, 2021): The candidate must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government. Those in their final year/semester of study may also apply temporarily, but they must show proof of completing the graduation exams on or before July 1, 2021, if they are invited for an interview. Candidates who hold a unified Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must guarantee that their IDD was completed on or before August 31, 2021. Candidates who have a Chartered Accountant certificate are also eligible to apply.
SBI PO Selection Procedure
Each round is equally significant, and thus qualifying in each round is necessary to advance to the next round till final selection.
First stage SBI PO Prelims.
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam is the first fundamental phase in which applicants’ general aptitude is tested.
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam is a one-hour online objective test.
- English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude are the three areas of the exam.
- In the SBI PO Prelims Exam, there will be no sectional cut-off.
- However, the bank will offset an overall cut based on the candidates’ categories.
- From the top of the merit mentioned above list, ten times the number of vacancies (approximately) in each category will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Stage 2: SBI PO Mains
- Candidates who pass the SBI PO Preliminary Exam will be eligible to take the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam is divided into two parts: an objective test and a descriptive test.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam will be divided into four sections: Logical Reasoning & Computers, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Economy/General/Banking Awareness.
- The descriptive test is worth 50 points and is given right after the objective examination.
- A merit list will be created for each category based on the total marks obtained in the Main Examination.
- There will be no cut-off for sections.
- Candidates who earn the minimum aggregate qualifying score will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category-wise merit list, up to three times (approximately) the number of openings in each category.
Stage 3: SBI PO Group Interview & Exercises
The selecting procedure has now reached its conclusion. Candidates who pass the SBI Mains Exam will be invited to participate in an interview and a group exercise. This round is crucial in determining the candidate’s fate regarding the final selection.
The candidate’s final selection as an SBI PO is based on their SBI Mains and Interview performance.
Exam Pattern for BI PO in 2021: Prelims
- The SBI PO Exam begins with the first round.
- There will be three portions, each of which must be finished in 20 minutes.
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam has a total score of 100 points and a time limit of one hour.
- Each correct answer receives one (1) mark.
- Each wrong answer noted by the candidate will result in a 0.25 point penalty.
- Except for the English Language, all questions will be set bilingually, that is, in English and Hindi.
Exam Pattern for SBI PO Mains
The SBI PO Exam is now in its second stage. Candidates who pass the SBI PO Prelims will be eligible to take the SBI PO Mains Exam in 2021.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam will be divided into four portions, plus an English Language portion took independently on the same day as the exam.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam will consist of 155 multiple-choice questions over three hours.
- As in the SBI PO Mains Exam, each part will have its time limit.
- An erroneous response will result in a 0.25-point penalty.
Interview with an SBI PO
Candidates who pass the objective and descriptive tests will be invited to participate in a group exercise and interview.
- The group exercises for SBI PO will be worth 20 points, while the interview will be worth 30 points. As a result, there are a total of 50 Marks.
- The Bank determines qualification/qualifying marks in the group exercise and interview. The qualification will be determined by the total effects, which will then be sorted in descending order in each category.
- Only the marks obtained in the Main Exam known as Phases II, both in the Descriptive Test and Objective Test, would be added to the scores gained in the Interview and GE to construct the final merit list (Phase-III).
- Candidates must pass both Phases II and III of the examination individually.
Final SBI PO Scores
The SBI PO preliminary test, also known as Tier 1, is only used to determine eligibility for the mains (tier 2) exam.
- Candidates must pass both the Prelims and Mains rounds. The ultimate selection will be made after Phase 2 and the Interview phase.
- To create the final merit list, only the marks achieved in the Main Examination known as Phase-II, equally in the Objective Test and the Expressive Test, will be added to the marks received in the Interview and GE (Phase-III).
- Candidates must pass Phases II and III of the examination individually.
- Candidates’ Main Examination scores (out of 250) are converted to out of 75 points, and their Group Exercises and Interview scores (out of 50 points) are converted to out of 25 points.
- The final merit list is determined by adding the converted Main Examination and Group Exercises marks (out of 100).
Admit Card for SBI PO 2021
Applicants who apply for SBI PO Recruitment will receive their admit card ten days before the test. Please keep in mind that the admit card is an essential document for the contestant. It is the official authorization to take the exam. The admit card will contain all relevant information on the exam center and timetable, making it easier for applicants to get to the testing center.
Admit Card Download Instructions
Step 1: To obtain the Admit Card, go to the site provided below.
Step 2: Enter your “Registration ID” and “Date of Birth/Password” in the appropriate fields.
Step 3: Fill out the Captcha.
Step 4: Go to the Login page and click the Login button.
Step 5: On the screen, the call letter will show.
Step 6: To save the SBI PO 2021 Admit Card, click the print/download button.
Tips for SBI PO 2021 Exam Preparation
Since this is the first step in preparing an SBI PO, here are some helpful hints:
1) Exam Pattern Modifications:
- If you look at the exam patterns for the Prelims phase of various bank exams held last year, you’ll see that there were no significant changes.
- IBPS varied the themes of its prelims tests at different times, but there was no new pattern-based question.
- Their length and difficulty level were the only things that altered. To be more specific, you must work harder and make more attempts.
- This takes us to the most crucial point.
- SBI PO prelims is essentially a speed test, and you must push yourself to attempt at least 65-70 questions in the Prelims exam.
Why It’s pointless to attempt 60 questions in the SBI PO Prelims test if you can’t answer them correctly.
- Accurately attempting questions is critical because you cannot afford to risk your correctly attempted questions.
4) Preliminary Exam Qualifiers:
- In basic terms, you must correctly answer a large number of questions.
- With the most recent pattern change, you’ll need to find out the best strategy to complete enough questions from each part within the allotted time (20 minutes per section).
5) Question Selection:
- According to the most recent pattern modification, you must target at least 20 questions in the English portion. It would help if you now tackled the questions intelligently to achieve this.
- After you’ve finished these topics, move on to RC because the English component can be completed in under 20 minutes, and you’ll have plenty of time to read the text even after you’ve finished the other topics in this section.