What is a ‘Time Capsule,’ & why will it be placed 200 ft under Ram Mandir?
What is a Time Capsule
As per some recent news, it can be concluded that Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra’s trust has decided to place Time capsule 2,000 feet under the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. Ideally, the main reason why the time capsule will be placed under the temple is that it will record all the details of the Ram Janambhoomi.
As per Kameshwar Chaupal, members of the trust, it can be noted that the capsule will be placed thousands of feet below the temple to avoid any potential disputes over the matter. On August 5, 2020, prime minister Narendra Modi will do the Bhoomi pooja for the temple.
Mr. Kameshwar Chaupal, the member of the trust, had also stated that the hurdle of the long-drawn case in the temple had sent an example for the future generations.
The time capsule that will be placed 2000 feet down in the temple’s ground can be used by anyone in the future who wishes to study the history of the temple. Additionally, the time capsule will carry the facts that are related to Ram Janambhoomi so that there is no space for potential controversy.
What message will be carried by the time capsule?
Ideally, the time capsule is most likely to carry a message about Ayodha, Lord Ram, and his birthplace. The letter will be written in Sanskrit. It will be placed in a copper plate that is typically known as Tamra Patras before placing it under the temple.
As per the members of the trust, Sanskrit is chosen as one can write huge sentences in short phrases. It is essential to note that the time capsule will not be placed on the day of Bhoomi Pujan as it might take time to be readied. Few experts have been called to write unique content in the least possible words.
Table of Contents
What is a time capsule?
Ideally, a time capsule is a historic cache of data, information, or some communication goods that need to be communicated to future generations.
It will be of great help to archaeologists, historians, and anthropologists if they wish to study the site. Typically, time capsules are placed beneath buildings for future references so that intricate details can be taken out through them.
List of time capsules already installed in India:
- The first and the only woman Prime minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, had placed a time capsule outside the gate of red fort. The time capsule was known as Kalpataara, and it contained information about the post-independence history of the country on August 15, 1972, amid the political opposition. The time capsule is most likely scheduled to open after 1000 years.
- On March 6, 2010, the first female president of India, Mrs. Prathibha Patil, had placed a time capsule near the auditorium of IIT Kanpur.
- To mark 50 years of the foundation of Mahatama Mandir Gandhinagar, a time capsule had been buried in 2010.
- Alexandra Girl’s education society in Mumbai had buried a time capsule in 2014 that is scheduled to be opened on September 1, 2062. It will be opened on the occasion of the bi-central anniversary of the organization.
- The lovely professional university has also placed a time capsule in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of the 106th Indian science Congress organized by LPU. The time capsule features 100 different items representing a cross-section of technology at that time in the country by three different Nobel Laureates –Hangry born Israeli biochemist, German American biochemist Thomas Chrisitan, and British born American physicist.