Common-Law Admission Test is a centralized exam conducted every year for admission in NLUs and other law colleges. The exam is conducted in the month of May every year.
But this year, due to the ongoing Covid 19, the exam was conducted on 28th September 2020 after many delays. All the necessary CLAT Notification for the same was announced on their official website. So here, we will look at how we must target the CLAT exam and crack it in the first go.
CLAT Exam Pattern
The CLAT exam consists of 5 sections namely:
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
CLAT Exam Coaching
The total marks of this multiple choice based exam would be 150. The total time for the exam is 120 minutes. There is one mark for each correct answer and 0.25 negative for every incorrect answer.
While you are targeting to appear for the CLAT examination, you must understand what all things to be done to crack it. CLAT is a dream for every budding lawyer to pursue admission to a top law college in India. So if you appear for it, have a look at these strategies, tips, and other suggestions.
Targeting CLAT Exam
- The first and foremost step is to search and find the best CLAT coaching available in your area. Yes, it is very important to enrol in one good institute.
- Secondly, you must prepare a self-study plan at home as well. After your coaching, dedicate a min of 2 hours at home as well. This can be to revise that you studied or solving of questions and answers.
- The online medium has been of great help nowadays. You can also go for online coaching for the CLAT Exam. Resources in the forms of articles or books can be obtained via online medium.
- Try and solve previous years’ question papers and mock tests for your understanding, speed, and accuracy.
- Make sure you cover every topic and chapter. Work hard on challenging topics and finish off easily later.
CLAT Exam things to do
- It is always advised to have a calm mind before you enter the examination hall. Do not panic and stress over failure. Keep positive thoughts and good hopes.
- Cramming up would not lead you far. If you have understood the basics and concepts thoroughly, you would be able to apply it in real life.
- As the CLAT exam consists of negative marking, do not attempt a question by giving wild guesses. If you are sure, then only go for it.
- Keep yourself updated about CLAT notification till the time of examination. They are essential with regards to your examination.
- Do not waste too much time on a particular question. Skip it and try at the end when you have spare time.
- You must enrol for the best CLAT coaching either offline or online, for they have expert teachers imparting knowledge to you. They provide efficient and highly effective shortcuts, tricks, and strategies to crack the examination.