Strengthening Your Back with the Ardha Shalabhasana Pose
Table of Contents
About Ardha Shalabhasana
Ardha Shalabhasana is also referred to as the half lotus pose and it is also one of the simplest exercises in yoga.
It is often used to get the beginners into the exercises due to simplicity and it is also used for strengthening the back. It is also extremely good for the toning of the body and other various benefits.
However, you should make sure that you know the steps to avoid injuring yourself.
Steps to Follow
Ardhashalabhasana has some steps that should be followed so that you can do the exercise properly. Here are the basic steps:
- Lie on your stomach on the floor with your chin touching the floor
- Place your hands under your thighs so that the palms are touching the floor and the chin slightly stretched forward
- Lift your right leg, while inhaling, as high as you can while keeping the toes pointed towards the back. Keep your hips on the ground.
- Keep the posture for 30 seconds while breathing normally. Try to leave your shoulders in the broad position.
- Exhale and lower the right leg.
- Inhale again and repeat it with the left leg
You can this with simple changes, including by changing the legs whenever you inhale or exhale. If you are doing the exercise in this manner, then you should make sure to take deep breaths that are steady.
Various Health Benefits
There are numerous health benefits that you will be able to experience when you use the Ardhashalabhasana pose frequently. Here are just a few of the most common ones, such as:
- Toning of the buttocks
- Release of tension from the pelvic area
- Massages the various pelvic organs
- Strengthens the lower part of the back
Ensure that you are aware of these benefits and how you can get the most out of this simple exercise.
If you are looking for something to help you with these specific areas, then this is the perfect exercise, so make sure to start doing it regularly.
The Ardha Shalabhasana pose is one that is often used by beginners and it is simple and can be done wherever you are.
Simply ensure that you are following the proper steps so that you can see the most benefits and avoid any injuries.
You should also watch out for the numerous health benefits that you can enjoy from undertaking this exercise, including toned buttocks, tension release and more.