Steps to do Ustrasana & their Benefits
Table of Contents
Ustrasana is referred to as one of the most effective ways to soothe the minds and thereby bring some calmness and peacefulness into it, as the practitioner needs to lean backward sans seeing where they are going.
The asana is believed to invoke a sense of self-trust and confidence besides embedding fortitude and inner strength.
It is said that the asana furtively and quite carefully assists the practitioner in having a better understanding of the body and learning the techniques of over-stretching themselves.
Ustrasana; All You Need to know
Ustrasana is basically a backbend that aces-up the flexibility of the shoulder and boosts the core strength and stretches the entire frontal body portion.
The name drew its inspiration from the Sanskrit word- ‘ustra’ which means camel and ‘asana’ which means posture or pose.
Basically, you have to kneel down and thereafter lean back to touch the feet with both of your words. The deepness of the bend solely depends upon the practitioner’s flexibility.
The seasoned practitioners are more often or not, are able to touch the feet with their head. Ustarsana is also known as the Camel poses in English.
Fail-Proof Steps to Get You on the Camel Pose Like a Pro
- Sit on the floor and spread the legs, keeping your spinal cord straight, and palms on the floor, at the buttock’s side.
- Try bending your legs at the knees and perch on your heels that are placed in between the buttocks, with the right big toe having overlapped the left toe.
- Kneel down with your knee aligned with your shoulders and feet’s sole facing the fan and the ceiling.
- Place your hands on the thighs
- Inhale while you bend back, keeping your palms back on the feet heels
- Ensure your arms are straight
- Try not straining your neck and maintain a neutral position, keeping it free.
- Stay in the final position for an about two breaths or for as long as you wish to
- Breathe out slowly and return to the normal position, taking your hands off from the heels
What Do You Benefit from the Camel Pose?
- Ustrasana helps the body’s arterior muscles to stretch
- Camel pose betters the digestion
- Ustarsans is also known to lend some relaxation to the lower portion of the body.
- It helps improve the strength of the spine and lends flexibility to it.
Bring relief to most of your back pain and digestion issues with Ustrasana.