Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Features, Benefits, Eligibility
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Features | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Online | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Overview
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) was initiated by the Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, is a flagship project aimed at providing affordable housing for the urban poor.
This system aims to build economical houses using eco-friendly construction methods in selected cities and towns.
Also, PMAY is classified into two types:
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Metropolitan:
The goal is to cater to the needs of urban residents. The incentives can be used by people who belong to the Economically Poor Section (EWS) or the Low-Income Group, or the Middle Income Group.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
: Under this category, according to the data gathered from the Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011, only homeless or live in one or two-room kutcha houses are entitled to benefit from the benefits of the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’s Features
The essential features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are listed below:
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna scheme, the subsidy interest rate is given to all beneficiaries at 6.50 percent per annum on housing loans for 20 years.
- Ground floors are preferably reserved for individuals of various abilities and senior citizens.
- Usage of sustainable and eco-friendly building technologies
- In this method, the whole urban areas are protected.
- From the very first point, the credit-related subsidy component of the system is executed in India in all statutory cities.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, recipients
Below is the list of particular groups under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana that are targeted:
- Scheduled caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- Economically Weaker Section
- The population of Low-Income Group
- Medium Revenue Category
- Medium Wage Category
Criteria of eligibility to apply for a Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- The government uses the Socio-Economic and Caste Census of 2011 to determine the beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This system makes sure that the deserving ones get housing assistance. The village panchayats are consulted before finalizing the beneficiary list.
- The eligibility requirements based on which beneficiaries are chosen set out below:
- Only female Indian people may apply for the program.
- The scheme qualifies for a household with a cumulative annual income of Rs 6 lakh to Rs 18 lakh.
- Senior citizens and others who are otherwise qualified are eligible.
- One who already owns a house is unable to apply for the program.
- Those who have already taken advantage of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana cannot apply for the scheme again.
- Many in society who belong to the Low-Income Community (LIG) and the Economically Weaker Class (EWG) are eligible.
PMAY Scheme application process
Individuals should be able to use subsidies on their home loans under the housing scheme, following the measures listed below. The online process is the method described below.
Step 1: Visit PMAY’s official government website.
Step 2: Click under the ‘Menu’ tab on the ‘Citizen Evaluation’ option.
Step 3: The claimant must enter the Aadhaar number.
Step 4: He/she will be redirected to the application page with the sufficient submission of the Aadhaar number.
Step 5: The applicant must continue to enter on this page all relevant information, including income information, personal information, bank account details, and other necessary information.
Step 6: Applicants should recheck all details before submission.
Step 7: Once an individual clicks on the “save” button, a unique application number will be identified.
Step 8: Next, applicants can download the completed application form.
Step 9: Finally, at the nearest CSC office or a financial institution offering PMAY, the person can submit the form. He/she must also apply, along with the form, all required documents.
Alternatively, if they find the online method cumbersome, individuals should opt for the offline application procedure and approach an approved bank branch to apply for the scheme.