PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
About PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
Recently, Pradhan Mantri Narendra Modi on Tuesday had made a significant announcement, which stated that the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana would be extended till November 2020.
Most likely, 80 crore people will benefit under this scheme as people will be given five Kg of white and rice per month. PM Modi, in an address to the nation, said that every family would also be given 1 kg of Chana every month. The total cost of this initiative will be around 90,000 crores.
The PM’s speech was at least 16 minutes long. Since the coronavirus outbreak in the country, this was his sixth address to the nation. He also asserted in his speech that under the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, the center had announced a package of 1.75 lakh crore.
He also claimed that Rs31,000 crore was deposited in the accounts of financially weaker families in the last three months. Additionally, Rs.18,000 crores were deposited in the accounts of at least nine crore farmers.
Under his speech, PM Modi also took a minute and thanked all the honest taxpayers and the farmers of the country, saying that they are behind this scheme to provide free food grains to needy families of the country. He concluded in his speech that he bows down to the farmers and taxpayers.
Additionally, in his speech, he also highlighted that people of the country have become very careless and have also shown negligence ever since relaxations have been announced by the Government in the first phase, after two months of the lockdown covid19.
The PM has urged the countrymen to follow allow the social distancing norms about social distancing while remaining extra cautious during the monsoon season. During this season, the symptoms of cold, cough, etc. are standard and generally rise.
Under the same vein, PM Modi also continued that there has been negligence as far as health and hygiene protocols are concerned. In recent days, the level of alertness seen during the first phases of lockdown has been missing.
People have shown negligence since Unlock one, but timely lockdown and other decisions have saved the lives of several people, Said PM Modi.
As the country is set to enter Unlock 2, the state governments, citizens, and local administrations need to show similar caution. He also said that we need to focus more on containment zones.
Coming to the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, it was made by the Modi government near on the heels of a national lockdown implemented to tackle the novel coronavirus pandemic.
As the relief package has been extended, it indicates that the citizens from the weaker sections of the society will continue to receive benefits in food grains. Under the umbrella of Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, many schemes are covered.
These schemes mainly benefit the monetary benefits to senior citizens, farmers, widows, and other differently-abled citizens.
How will people benefit under the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana?
- The Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana is of Rs1.70 Lakh crore, and 80 crore Indians will benefit under it.
- The women who hold Jan Dhan accounts, Rs500 will be deposited in their accounts.
- The daily wage has been increased to 202 from 182 for MNREGA workers.
- Rs50 lakh insurance benefit is given to health care workers.
- Rs1000 will be given extra to senior citizens and widows till November 2020.
- Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, farmers are being paid 2000.
How can you apply for Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana?
It is simple to apply for Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. If you are an applicant, then all you need to do is open a Jan Dhan account in any bank authorized by the Reserve Bank of India.
If the applicant furnishes income documents, they will be screened firstly after the applicant is confirmed to eligible; the benefits of the scheme will be passed.
In his address to the nation, PM Modi said that we have more work during and after the rainy season, particularly in the agriculture sector. There is a gradual decline in other sectors; slowly, the festival environment starts to build up in July.
Expenses tend to increase during the festival time, so the Modi Government has decided to extend the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana keeping the festivals in mind. It would be extended till Diwali and Chatth puja.
Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Packages:
- Insurance scheme for frontline workers fighting covid19 in government hospitals and other health centers- Under the particular insurance scheme, everyone including safaikaramcharis, doctors, specialists, paramedics, and other health care workers are most likely to benefit. Any health professional meeting any accident will be compensated with insurance of 5O lakhs. Under the scheme, all government health care centers and hospitals will be covered, and almost 22 lakh health care workers will be provided insurance cover to fight the pandemic.
- PM Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojana- The Government had stated that it wouldn’t allow anyone, especially the poor, to suffer on account of lack of foodgrains due to disruption in the next three months. Roughly two-thirds of the population will be covered under the scheme.
- Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Benefit to the farmers- The first installment due in 2020-21 of Rs.2000 will be loaded and paid in April 2020 under the PM Kisan Yojana. The scheme would roughly cover 8.7 crore farmers.
- Cash transfers under Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana-
- Under the scheme, gas cylinders will be provided to 8 crores low-income families for the next three months.
- Support for senior citizens, Divyang, and widows- Under the scheme, at least three crore aged widows and people in the Divyang category who are vulnerable due to economic disruption caused due to the pandemic. In the next three months, Government plans to offer Rs1000 to tide over difficulties.
Thus, the project’s swift implementation has been continuously monitored by central and state governments, and at least 42 crore people have received a benefit under the scheme. The scheme was announced by the Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman.