How to Find the Perfect SEO Agency for Your Company
Search, click, read, find, shop! Online shopping and research have become a huge presence in the world, but even more since Covid-19.
We have become technological and electronically run the world. Everyone has had to get better at finding whatever they need online from clothes, books, household supplies, to services.
This makes it extremely important to have your website at the top of every search engine relating to your goods or services. This means you need to have more traffic sent to your site.
It can be a difficult thing for you to do yourself. Many things make it go on the first page of a search. Most business owners, especially small business owners, don’t know how to get their company or product to the ‘front page’.
That means that they need to hire someone to do it for them. The best way to ensure that happens is to hire an SEO agency.
Table of Contents
What is SEO
Your first question may be, what is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is defined as “the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website, or a web page from search engines.” SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than paid traffic.
Unpaid traffic may be initiated from different types of searches. For example, images, videos, academic, news, and even industry-specific.
The most important thing that needs to happen for anyone to buy what you are offering or selling, is to get traffic (people) to your website. A great SEO consultant can assist with that.
Their full focus is on how to get people to find your website and click on the link. This means that they need to give appropriate keywords or key phrases for people to find when searching.
The second most important is that once your website is found, what the description shows in the search screen is to entice someone to click on the website link.
Find the Right SEO Agency
Now you need to find an SEO agency. Online searches are a benefit to you finding an agency, just as important as those searches are for people finding your website.
Let’s talk about how to do an online search for the best agency for you. To start the search, you type in the search field “SEO Agencies/Companies”.
You can also be more specific if you are looking at one in your state or area. For example, if you live in the state of New Jersey, you can search for “SEO Agency/Companies in N.J.” In this search, you will find that the top company is the Tactica SEO Agency.
As you open their links, you should look for the following things. The Digital Agency Network gives seven tips in choosing a trustworthy agency.
- Clearly define your SEO goals. Examples are loading speed, and ease of customization.
- Gather all the relevant information.
- Identify the techniques they utilize. Examples are ranking backlinks, and pages per session.
- Visit the SEO Company.
- Be clear about the budget.
- Watch out for SEO guarantees.
- Think beyond SEO.
Here is a list of ten SEO techniques that are effective to drive traffic to your site.
- Improve the user experience across your entire site.
- Optimize for voice searches.
- Design for mobile-first.
- Focus on topic clusters instead of keywords.
- Write longer content (most of the time).
- Take advantage of YouTube SEO.
- Create a diverse backlink portfolio.
- Never, ever overlook technical SEO.
- Target local searches with landing pages and listings.
- Measure SEO performance.
The better these ten things work for you, the more traffic you can get to your site. The more traffic to your website means if you are selling a good or service, the more sales you will have.
Specific questions to SEO Consultants that can help your company
Of course, an SEO specialist will help your company rank high in search results and attract the maximum number of visitors to your site. If you are hiring SEO Consultants, how can you be sure they are the right fit for you?
Ask them the following questions to ensure that the people you choose are right for you and will be a pleasure to work with:
- What are the most important search ranking factors, and how will you help us achieve better results? Evaluate the communication skills of an SEO specialist. Will he be able to explain everything so that you understand? The answer to the question is two fundamental factors – relevance and authority; hundreds of individual elements that search engines analyze when ranking; the three pillars of SEO – technical side, content, and external links; the constancy of fundamental practices even as algorithms evolve.
- Can you tell us about successful projects and provide recommendations? Every self-respecting SEO Consultants can give examples of successful projects and give you contacts of people who can recommend them. But it would help if you didn’t ask to share a list of clients; very few people will agree to this since there is a high risk of getting this information to competitors.
- What types of online tools do you use? There are many tools out there to help SEO Consultants work more efficiently. So, the candidates must use a variety of tools for different functions. Popular services like Google Analytics and Google Search Console should be heard. It is terrible when the candidates evade the answer or show their incompetence.
- How do you optimize the website? The quality and relevance of the content on the site are the most critical factors influencing the ranking. But without proper optimization and structuring, even excellent content will not help improve your order in search results. Page optimization techniques have not changed for several years, except for a couple of points. First, the meta keywords tag is no longer of value. Second, search engine algorithms have become more assertive in semantic search: they better recognize synonyms and search intent. The best answer is optimizing headings and subheadings, internal links, meta title tags, alt image tags, page URLs, and creating visitor-focused content that responds to a specific request.
- How do you attract inbound links? This area has changed significantly over the past few years. Search engines today pay a lot more attention to the quality of inbound links rather than their quantity. Good answer: focus on attracting inbound links, not getting them through creating quality content and developing relationships with influencers. This may also include collaborating with publishers, writing guest articles, analyzing competitor links, and accessing quality directories.
- How do you deal with the technical side of SEO? This aspect is simpler today than it used to be. WordPress and other popular content management systems create clean and search engine-oriented HTML code. SEO Consultants should understand what XML sitemaps are and create redirects, and work with duplicate content.
- How will you present the results? The report format (PDF, Excel, PowerPoint) is much less important than its content and clarity. Ask the candidate for a sample report so you can familiarize yourself with the content and structure. The monthly information should contain the following measurements: Total website traffic, traffic sources, most viewed pages, top companies/organizations visiting the site for B2B, conversion rates, conversion sources. It is also essential to understand what sources are used in the preparation of the report. These can be various tools for analyzing, monitoring, and tracking positions in search results.
- How do you conduct your keyword searches? Even though search engines use semantic search today, keywords still matter. An SEO specialist must be able to find the right keywords for content planning. Use various tools and standard processes to identify keywords relevant to your business, have sufficient monthly searches, and have little competition. Letting you choose the best keywords from a list of options.
- How are we going to interact? In order to continually improve the quality and number of website visitors, it is vital to get recommendations from SEO agency. What worked and what didn’t? What to do next? You might want an expert to teach you something. Ideal when you want to get in touch regularly to assess progress, answer questions, discuss ideas and recommendations.
- How do you measure success? The main goal of SEO is to attract more interested users to the site. But there are other important indicators of success towards achieving the primary goal. It is necessary to evaluate: change in positions for main keywords over time, getting to the top results, keywords that attract traffic, traffic from organic search, the share of organic traffic versus total traffic, ranking for main keywords versus main competitors, and conversions (leads or sales) driven by search.
Your goal at the beginning and the end of your search is the same. Always remember that your ultimate goal is to gain traffic to your website and have the SEO company meet your goals and budget. Then sit back and watch the clicks and/or sales come in!