How does guest blogging work?
Today, guest blogging is a great way to spread the word about your own site without spending a dime. But you can’t publish advanced blogs with every guest post. To get growth and traffic from guest blogging, it’s important to know how to write and choose a resource.
Table of Contents
What exactly is a guest blog?
Writing articles or blog posts for other websites and blogs is called “guest blogging.” Most of the time, these kinds of articles include a link to their own source. Most of the time, this is what guest blogging is all about.
With the help of guest posts, you can promote your own brand, yourself, and get a lot of traffic. This is a great choice for making websites and blogs. And since there aren’t many free ways to promote things these days, guest blogging is a great way to get a link to your resource on a high-quality site.
Guest blogging is a great way to bring attention to your own website:
- if you don’t send an attachment, you get a link to your website or blog;
- there is a chance to “light up” on a site that gets a lot of traffic;
- you can advertise yourself without being too pushy. This is called “branding.”
- By putting the link in the guest post, you will get more traffic and new visitors.
Benefits of guest blog posting service for the owner of the resource where you will publish your posts:
- Having guest posts on your blog is a great way to get more people to visit it;
- Guest blogging adds content to your site without you having to spend time or energy writing it;
- if the guest article is good, it will bring in new users, which will increase traffic and make the site better.
- When you do guest blogging, you meet new people and can publish your articles with them in the future. This is a bit like mutual PR.
How to choose a site to post blog on as a guest?
Finding a site for guest blogging is an important task. You must know first what is guest posting. Think about it: you spent a lot of time and effort writing an article, posted it on the first blog you found, and in the end, you didn’t get anything, not even one visitor. Because of this, not only does the content have to be good, but so does the place where it goes. So, here are some tips on how to choose a site where you can blog as a guest.
1. Search engine
The easiest and most basic choice. All you have to do is type keywords into the search bar. You can start with things like “I will publish a guest post” or “I will post a guest article.” You can narrow down the list of possible resources by adding keywords that are related to the subject you are writing about. When a page for guest blogging is made, the subject is usually written on that page. Because of this, keywords will help you find the right website.
Some forums also allow people to post articles written by other people. By the way, the forums sometimes find resources like this that aren’t shown in the search. Let’s say that the site owner only has a few spots for guest blogs.
3. Getting in touch with the authors of resources
In the other two ways I listed above to find a site, you also have to get in touch with the author, but this is different. Here, you can look for your favorite blogs, websites, and other resources and try to talk to their “owners” about guest blogging, even if they don’t say anything about it. That is, you offer a sort of mutual PR until someone responds.
First, use the first two options and look for websites and blogs that offer their own services for guest blogging. So you can do good advertising and make your brand more well-known.
Then you can offer to work with those sites that don’t say anything about guest posts. Once you become more well-known, it will be much easier for other authors to get in touch and agree to work with you, since this will also be good for their own PR.