eNAM portal Features, Benefits
An online trading site for agricultural commodities in India is the National Agricultural Market (eNAM). This platform aims to create better marketing opportunities for farmers through a competitive and transparent price discovery system and online payment facilities for buyers to sell their goods.
The Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC), which under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, acts as the lead agency for e-Nam implementation. We look at the National Agricultural Market (eNAM) in-depth in this report.
Fostering uniformity in the marketing of agriculture by streamlining procedures across integrated markets.
The salient characteristics of eNAMA
The characteristics of the National Agricultural Market (eNAM) are as follows:
The eNAM portal will allow farmers to showcase their goods in their nearby markets and make it easier for traders to quote prices from anywhere.
- e-NAM offers single-window applications for all services and information relevant to the Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC). This includes, among other services, product deliveries, quality & costs, purchase & selling deals & e-payment settlement directly into farmers’ accounts.
A user of the Enam service, a license can be obtained from the state-level authorities for the trader, buyers, and commission agents. There is no pre-condition of physical presence or possession of shops or premises in the market yard.
- Harmonization of the quality requirements of agricultural products and the quality testing infrastructure shall be made available in all markets. Popular tradable parameters for 25 commodities have recently been established.
Benefits of eNAM Trading
Below are the advantages of Trading on e-Nam:
- Transparent Trading online
- Real-Time Discovery of Prices
- Better price realization for producers
- Reduced cost of sale for buyers
- Stable price and consumer availability
- Certification, warehousing, and logistics for consistency
- More Supply Chain Productivity
- The promise of payment and delivery
- Error-free transaction reporting
- Increased consumer usability
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has designated a scheme to support the national agricultural sector through the Agri-Tech Infrastructure Fund (ATIF).
The Farmers/Traders Online Registration Process
Phase 1: The farmer/trader is obliged to visit the official eNAM portal.
Phase 2: Select the ‘Farmer/Trader Registration Form’ and select the desired ‘APMC’ from the registration list.
Phase 3: Provide the correct email ID as the login ID and password are obtained in the same manner.
Phase 4: Once you have registered successfully, you will obtain a temporary login ID and password in your registered account.
Phase 5: Now, by clicking the login icon on the system, log in to the Dashboard.
Phase 6: The user can then find a message like “Click here to register with APMC” on the Dashboard.
Phase 7: To fill in or update information, click on the link to redirect you to the Registration Page.
Phase 8: After completing KYC, the request will be submitted to your preferred APMC for approval.
Phase 9: You will be able to see all the APMC address information after logging into your Dashboard successfully.
Phase 10: Upon successful submission, the applicant may receive an email confirming the submission of the application to the APMC concerned, along with the status of the application as submitted/in progress, accepted, or denied.
Phase 11: After the approval of the APMC, you will receive the eNAM Farmer Permanent Login ID and the eNAM Platform Password for full access to the registered email ID under the eNAM Platform.