Can Exercises Cure Piles Permanently?
Certain exercises can be very effective in managing the symptoms of anorectal diseases such as piles. A sedentary lifestyle is the most common and obvious cause of piles. However, doing a few exercises regularly, maintaining a healthy diet, and living an active life can bring you out of the sedentary lifestyle and prevent the piles from getting worse.
Exercises can only improve the symptoms or cure piles in their initial stage. To treat all types of piles permanently, surgery is used. If you are suffering and seeking permanent treatment for piles, you can consider undergoing laser surgery after consulting with an experienced proctologist.
Exercises For Piles
If you are suffering from piles and seeking relief, there are certain exercises that you can start doing from today itself. Following exercises can help you improve the symptoms, cure mild cases of piles, and prevent the same in the future.
Pelvic Floor Contraction
This exercise helps in strengthening your pelvic floor muscles, which makes it easy for you to pass stool, relax the anal sphincter, and prevent straining during bowel movement. To perform the exercise, do the following step by step.
- Lie on the back or sit
- Contract your anal muscles like you are stopping yourself from passing gas
- Hold this contraction for 5 seconds
- Now relax for 10 seconds
- Repeat the same step 5 times
- Repeat, but only use your half strength
- Now, squeeze and relax the muscles quickly
- Continue for as long as possible
- Repeat this sequence 2-4 times a day
This particular exercise minimizes the tension of pelvic floor muscles and promotes relaxation. By practicing this exercise regularly, you can get relief from the symptoms of your piles. To perform this exercise, do the following steps.
- Sit up straight
- Now, place your hands above your waist on both sides of the lower rib cage
- Breath in deeply into your abdomen and allows your belly to expand
- Breath out and draw your navel toward your spine
- Continue this for 5-6 minutes
- Now, relax for a few minutes
- You can repeat the same two times a day
This exercise promotes blood circulation in the entire body. It also relieves constipation and relaxes your lower back, legs, and hips. A child’s pose also provides a massage to your internal organs, which effectively improves the symptoms of piles. To practice this exercise, you can repeat the following steps.
- Sit on your hips or heels
- Keep your knees either together or apart
- Bend forward slowly by lowering your forehead to touch the floor. Also, exhale as you do this.
- Keep your arms alongside your body and make sure that your palms are facing up.
- Rest in this position for 5 minutes
- Now, come back to your normal position.
The above-mentioned exercises can help you get relief from the symptoms and discomfort caused by piles. Apart from doing these exercises regularly, you can also try certain home remedies and lifestyle changes to improve your condition.
Other Remedies For Treating & Preventing Piles
There are certain home remedies and lifestyle tips that you can also apply to treat and prevent piles. This includes the following:-
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Add foods high in fiber to your diet
- Avoid using soap in your anal area
- If possible try to sit on a pillow or cushion
- Try to keep the affected area clean and dry
- Instead of toilet paper, use water or wet wipes.
- Take an over-the-counter stool softener if needed
- Use a cold compress or ice pack with a cotton towel
- Don’t sit for a long period of time, including on the toilet.
- Use warm water to clean your anal area when you take a bath
- Avoid tight clothes. Use loose-fitting clothes made of natural fibers.
- Use over-the-counter topical treatments such as a hydrocortisone or piles cream
- Keep yourself active with cardiovascular exercises such as treadmill or elliptical training, jogging, and swimming.
- To soothe the affected area, you can use a numbing ointment containing lidocaine such as witch hazel, or aloe vera.
Whether you are suffering from piles for the first time or recurring flare-ups, you can manage the symptoms and prevent future recurrence by maintaining a healthy exercise plan, and a healthy lifestyle.
Dietary changes and regular exercise can only cure mild cases of piles and prevent the same in the future. Severe cases of piles can’t be treated permanently with exercises. To treat the piles for once and all, the proctologist suggests surgery.
The surgeries of piles are done in many ways. But laser surgery is the most preferred and effective treatment for piles. This is a modern and advanced surgical procedure, which can be used to treat any type of pile permanently.
Even after trying all the non-surgical treatment methods for piles, if you haven’t received relief from your symptoms, you should consider laser surgery. It’s a daycare procedure that hardly takes around 30-60 minutes to complete.
Piles laser surgery is a painless and bloodless procedure. The success rate of the procedure is as high as 90% and the risk of complications during and after the procedure is as low as 2%-4%. But you must ensure that the surgery is performed by an experienced, skilled, and reliable surgeon.